Packaging & Storage
Packaging is one of those aspects where we aim to be as eco-friendly as possible without compromising on the freshness and quality of the products that we make.
Since all our bakes are completely natural without any preservatives or additives, the shelf-life of these products is therefore limited. In other words, a little more care and attention is necessary to enjoy them.
To that end, here are some things you should know.
Newspaper bag with butter paper lining
- It's only meant for delivery and not storage
- We're working with a social enterprise to develop these 100% bio-degradable bags made with newspaper on the outside and butter paper on the inside
- Transfer the bakes into an airtight container right away
Brown kraft paper with foil lining (for out-of-pune deliveries)
- Used for some of our more delicate bakes such as the Babka and Brioche
- Reusable bags
- 2-3 days at room temperature in an airtight container
- Refrigerate if necessary, especially on hot and humid days
- 'Freeze' in ziplock bags to store for longer periods.
Nut Butters & Spreads
- We use glass jars that are shippable and reusable
- Pestos and Compotes need refrigeration at all times
- Nut butters can be kept at room temperature
- Nut Butters are good for 2-3 weeks at room temperature
- Spreads and Compotes are best consumed within a week
Biscuits & Cookies
- Packed in plastic pouches, these too need to be transferred into airtight containers
- Biscottis and Shortbread cookies are best consumed within a week to ten days
- Most other cookies should be consumed within 2-3 days
Cereals & Mixes
- Packed in brown kraft paper bags with a foil lining and a zipper mechanism to seal them
- Can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature
- Best consumed within a couple of weeks
Cakes & Pastry
- Packed in brown kraft paper boxes with butter paper linings
- Refrigeration is necessary in most cases
- Best had within 2-3 days